Let me first congratulate you on your new desire for fitness! We’ve all been exactly where you are. It takes some serious guts to walk into our doors! Not because CrossFit is scary or hard… but because you made the decision that you wanted to get healthier, stronger, faster, or lose some weight. We all commend the courage it takes to get to the gym for the first time. Good on you!
What you need to know.
- We’re here to struggle WITH you. Everyone in your classes is working out for some reason. It might be vastly different than yours, or it could be very similar. Whatever the reason is, they’re right there beside you sweating their butt off and working hard. We ask that never feel alone, worried, or scared. You have a big support crew everyday at the box.
- It’s ok to fail. There will be times when you can’t stand up a weight. There will be times when you don’t finish the WOD under the time cap. There will even be times when you have to stop. It’s ok! We ask that you don’t get discouraged. Fitness is a long journey full of ups and downs. We’ll help you through it! Promise!
- You’re not going to know everything. That’s ok! Ask us for help. That’s why we’re here.
- Attempt to get the healthy option at each meal. Maybe skip the pizza for chicken and salad. Try to drink water instead of soda. Make small adjustments that will help you out in the gym. If you’re unsure of how to do this… refer to #3 🙂
- Remember why you started. Create a daily reminder for yourself about why you started your fitness journey in the first place. It’s easy to get unmotivated or make excuses to skip the gym. Remember what that motivation was to begin a new chapter of self-improvement.
- Work hard. Be nice.
You’re not alone in this new chapter of your life.
We’re here to help you reach your goals, whatever they may be. Let’s work hard together and have an awesome time doing it!
And again… we’re really glad you’re here!